Off campus access is authenticated through a web proxy server called EZproxy. This service is required for all licensed electronic resources provided by the library.
How to connect with EZproxy:
- For SUNY Broome faculty, students and staff only.
- Visit https://sunybroome.info and navigate the website as usual.
- When you select a licensed resource (e.g., database, e-journal, e-book), you may be prompted to authenticate as a currently enrolled student, faculty, or staff member.
- If prompted, please enter:
- Your MyCollegeID and Password. If you are unable to locate your MyCollegeID or password, contact the helpdesk at email@example.com or call ITS at 607-778-5011.
- Once authenticated, you will be automatically transferred to the resource you selected.
- Step 1: Verify that you are a currently enrolled SUNY Broome student, faculty, or staff member.
- You can call the library Circulation Desk at 607-778-5020 to verify your status.
- Step 2: When prompted to log in, enter your username and password.
- If you are unable to locate your MyCollegeID or password, contact the helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call ITS at 607-778-5011.
- Step 3: Try a different browser. Some resources may work differenently with different browsers and some errors can be resolved by trying another browser.
Step 4: Delete history, cookies, and cache. Clearing the search history, cookies, and cache stored in your web browser can resolve some problems and often allow browsers to work more efficiently.
- Step 5: Set your browser to accept cookies
- Step 7: Ask us for help.
- Submit a Report an Electronic Resources Problem form
- Call the library Reference Desk at 607-778-5043