Each reference librarian is assigned an academic area on campus to work with their faculty to be an educational support partner. The Library provides instruction geared to the faculty’s needs, library books, magazine, multimedia and database resources and the ability to retrieve books or magazine articles found in libraries around the world.
For Library Instruction
To request a book or other resources
- Anthropology, Economics, Liberal Arts, Art, Performing Arts, and Music, Physics and Physical Sciences: contact Dana Curtin
- Health Sciences, Psychology and Human Services, and Mathematics: contact Karen Pitcher
- Business and Public Services, Engineering and Technology: contact Robin Petrus
- Biology, Chemistry Computer Science, and Physical Education: contact Amanda Hollister
- History: Noah Roth
- Procedures for putting materials on Reserve
- Copyright information for reserves for Print and Electronic Materials
Please visit our ILLiad site to request books and articles that are not in the SUNY Broome Library collection.
Open Educational Resources
This OER Tutorial covers copyright & creative commons, locating & evaluating OER, creating OER, and other resources related to OER: http://subjectguides.esc.edu/oeruptospeed
- Step 1: Read the guidelines for seeking permission to convert VHS to DVD and the guide to format conversion and its impact on copyright.
- Step 2: Contact your library liason to see if the DVD is available for purchase. If the DVD is not available for purchase, see step 3.
- Step 3: Contact the copyright holder and ask permission to convert to DVD using the permission request to convert VHS to DVD form.
- Step 4: Request that Web and Media Services convert from VHS to DVD (doc).
- The Writing Council Program Administers: Defining & Avoiding Plagiarism
- Purdue OWL: Avoiding Plagiarism
Citing & Documenting Sources
|Mon-Thur||7:30am - 5pm|
|Fri||7:30am - 5pm|
|Holidays & breaks|