REQUEST BOOKS, ARTICLES AND MORE! Click the "Get It" or "Find Full Text" link in the library's catalog or article databases for a book or article we do not own. You will be prompted to log into ILLiad, the software we use for Interlibrary Loan.
- If you do not have an account, you will need to fill out a short registration form to use the service
- Books are typically available for pick up in 7-10 days (delivery from some libraries may take longer)
- Articles are typically ready to download within 2-3 days
You will be notified by email when your requested item is available
Articles and copies will be sent via email
Books can be picked up at the Circulation (blue) Desk, and returned there when finished.
Need Help? Contact us at: (607) 778-5043
SUNY Broome students, faculty, staff and off-campus borrowers with valid SUNY Broome library cards may use Interlibrary Loan.
Loan Periods and Fees
Loans are free unless the lending library charges a fee. If there is a charge, we will contact you before confirming the request to see if you are willing to pay for it.
All borrowers pay the cost for any overdue fines.
Loan periods are defined by the lending library. Login to ILLiad to view your account and renew items.
SUNY Broome students, faculty, and staff are limited to 5 AV requests at a time. There is no limit for books.
Community Users are limited to 3 items at one time, and 1 may be an AV item.
Pilot eBook Lending Program (available now!)
The SUNY eBook Lending Project is a collaboration between Proquest and SUNY, designed to develop processes for lending eBook titles to users from any SUNY campus who has chosen to participate in the pilot. Traditionally, eBooks purchased by a campus would only be available for that campus's students, faculty, and staff, but this project opens that up to allow any participating campus's users to borrow selective titles owned by other campuses. Not all books will be available across SUNY: the pilot is limited to publishers who have agreed to participate in the pilot.
How it works:
- Borrowable eBooks will appear as Available in Primo Discovery Catalog, and the full text "Request a Copy" link will take the user to a form that automatically populates the title, ISBN, and author of the requested work. The user is asked to fill in their name, email, and campus.
- The form sends a new ticket announcement to SUNY Library Services staff, who will monitor the queue and fulfill requests M-F 8am-4pm. Users will receive notice from email@example.com as to whether the item is available (the message will include a link to the content) or if all copies are checked out (the message will include expected availability date).
- The user will follow the link to the eBook Central platform, where they will have access to the book for two weeks, at which point the link will stop working.
These items are often not available through Interlibrary Loan:
- eBooks (excepting those that are now lendable via the SUNY eBook lending pilot program)
- Entire volumes of periodicals or microfilm
- Non-circulating items (reference books, archival materials, etc.)
- Some CDs or DVDs