BCC Library offers interlibrary loan service through SUNY Information Delivery Services (IDS.) Clicking the "Get It" or "Find Full Text" link for a book or article we do not own will prompt you to log into ILLiad, the software we use for Interlibrary Loan.
- You must create a personal account to use the service
- IDS requests for books will be delivered within 72 hours
- IDS requests for articles will be delivered within 48 hours
- IDS requests for articles will be delivered via the Web
Only SUNY Broome students, faculty, staff and off-campus borrowers with valid SUNY Broome library cards may use Interlibrary Loan.
Loans are free unless the lending library charges a fee. If there is a charge, we will contact you before confirming the request to see if you are willing to pay for it. All borrowers pay the cost for any overdue fines.
Loan periods are defined by the lending library. Login to ILLiad to view your account and renew items.
SUNY Broome students, faculty, and staff are limited to 5 AV requests at a time. There is no limit for books.
Community Users are limited to 3 items at one time, and 1 may be an AV item.
You will be notified by email when your requested item is available
Articles and copies will be sent via email
Books can be picked up at the Circulation (blue) Desk, and returned there when finished.
These items are often not available through Interlibrary Loan:
- Entire volumes of periodicals or microfilm
- Non-circulating items (reference books, archival materials, etc.)
- Some CDs or DVDs
|Mon-Thur||7:30am - 9pm|
|Fri||7:30am - 5pm|
|Sat||1pm - 5pm|
|Sun||3pm - 7pm|
|Holidays & breaks|