- Unlock the building doors by the parking lot and in the lobby area of the building.
- Turn on the stairwell lights coming in from the parking lot on the classroom floor leading up to the main front doors as well as the Lobby lights.
- Turn on lights.
- Turn on photocopiers.
- Record gate count in google drive.
- Change date on calendar.
- Change dates on hand stamps for today's work. 3 weeks for books and 1 week for media.
- Log on all 3 computers behind circulation desk. Hit caps lock for all caps.
- Turn on tower
- Log on to Illiad Client and minimize
- Log on to shortcut to Aleph 500, circulation.
- Turn on all computers in Reference.
- Unlock doors at 7:25 A.M. – Weekdays/ 1 PM – Saturday/3 PM – Sunday.
- Empty book depository in outside bin.
- Activate handicap door by turning switch to “on” position. (Located on closer above the door)
- Turn on lights.
- 8:15 P.M. (Circ. staff)
- Fill paper trays in photocopiers being careful not to overfill them.
- 2nd floor - straighten up area, pick up litter, push in chairs, put materials in bins.
9:00 P.M. (Ref. Librarian or Student Assistant if available.)
- 1st floor- straighten up area, push in chairs, put materials in bins or if time allows, shelve them.
9:00 P.M. (Circ. staff)
- Straighten up behind circulation desk. Do a count of the laptops checking to be sure cabinet is locked.
- Reference Librarian to announce in Reference Room that the Library is closing at 10 P.M. and all materials must be signed out by 9:45P.M. Turn off all monitors in Reference. If the reference librarian is busy assisting patrons Circulation staff should assist in picking up and logging off computers in the reference area.
- Circ. staff to announce on both floors, including the computer lab, that the Library is closing at 10 P.M. and that all passes for media stations, headphones & Reserve materials must be returned to the Circulation desk and all materials must be signed out by 9:45 P.M. (When only one Circulation staff member is on duty, the Reference Librarian covers the desk at this time.)
- Circ. Staff should close 2nd floor: (When only one Circulation staff member is on duty, the Reference Librarian covers the desk at this time.)
- Make sure all office doors are closed and locked.
- Insist that any remaining patrons leave.
- Turn lights off.
2nd Circ. staff should close 1st floor:
- Lock front "in" doors, deactivate handicap door by turning the switch “off”.
- Turn off all media equipment.
- Turn off photocopiers.
- Log off all 4 computers at circulation desk.
- Be sure the computer lab is empty and close door.
10:00 P.M. (Reference Librarian)
- Weeknights and Sunday, logoff any computers left logged on and turn off the monitors in the reference area. On Fridays, shut down computers and turn off the monitors.
- Once all patrons have left the Library the Circulation Staff are dismissed.
- Turn off lights on 1st floor.
- Lock "out" doors as you are leaving.
Friday please use similar procedure starting at 4:30 P.M. and Sunday at 6:30 P.M. As security staff schedule permits, an officer may stop by the library and double check to make sure all patrons have left the building and may assist in locking the doors