The Reserve Collection is a special area of the library where faculty can place high demand items – typically required course readings – to ensure those items are highly accessable to students. Reserve items usually have a check out time of 2 hours and do not leave the library building. That limited check out time ensures all students can access reserve items. The Reserve Collection is located at the Circulation Desk.
Almost anything you would like your students to read can be placed on reserve. The Reserve Collection includes books – library books as well as instructors’ personal copies – photocopies of articles (within the current copyright guidelines), copies of past tests, answer keys, and course syllabi. Some instructors have put videotapes, audiotapes and CD-ROMS on reserve for their students. The instructor placing materials on reserve is responsible for obtaining copyright permission.
- Review copyright information regarding library reserve.
- Complete reserve form(s) for new items you are placing on reserve:
- At the end of each semester, do the following to remove or renew your course reserves:
- Print out your renewal/removal list(s)
- Submit your renewal/removal list(s) to the library.
|Mon-Thur||7:30am - 10pm|
|Fri||7:30am - 5pm|
|Sat||1pm - 5pm|
|Sun||3pm - 7pm|
|Holidays & breaks|