Library Home Page
The Library home page (www.sunybroome.edu/library) is a great place to start! It has links to:
- search for articles and books
- MLA and APA style guides
- subject and course guides to assist you with your research
- tutorials (how to search for books, articles, evaluate information, cite sources, etc.)
Use the Books/Media tab on the library home page. You may need to use broader search terms if more specific terms do not work. If the book is not available in the SUNY Broome Library, use the "Get It" button to request the title through interlibrary loan.
- The Entrepreneur's Information Sourcebook: Ref HD62.5 .A96 2012
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: business books
- Business Plans Handbook: in Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Business Plans Handbook: Ref HD62.7 .B865
Journal Articles and Business Information
List of specialized Databases for Business available through the Library. These databases can contain scholarly business journals, company and industry information, stock information and more. Selected databases:
- ABI/INFORM Complete: International coverage gives researchers a complete picture of companies and business trends around the world.
- Business Source Complete: Articles, investment research reports, industry reports, market research reports, country reports, company profiles, and SWOT analyses
- Business Insights: Essentials: Research and analyze companies and industries around the world. Compare companies, generate lists.
- Entrepreneurial Studies Source: Topics relevant to entrepreneurship and small business, includes: key periodicals, reference books, company profiles, case studies.
- Hoover's Online: Suite of information resources for company and industry research.
Broader lists of Databases available through SUNY Broome Library.
Business Magazines and Newspapers
Note: Not all titles listed below are available in print format at the SUNY Broome Library.
- Bloomberg Businessweek
- The Economist
- Harvard Business Review
- Industry Week
- Monthly Labor Review
- Wall Street Journal
- The Entrepreneur's Reference Guide to Small Business Information: Library of Congress Research Guide
- U.S. Small Business Association: Information on types of businesses, loan checklists, and free online classes. Create Your Business Plan.
- My Own Business: A non-profit organization dedicated to promoting entrepreneurship.
- Entrepreneur: Entrepreneur news, tips and guides.
- SCORE (Service Corp of Retired Executives): Volunteer members provide free business advice.
- U.S. Census Bureau: Has NAICS information, and economic statistics.
- NAICS Association: Look up NAICS (industry) codes.
- U.S. Census Bureau - State Data Centers (SDC)
- U.S. Census Bureau - County Business Patterns
- American FactFinder - Community Facts: U.S. Census Bureau - Easy to search for community data.
- American FactFinder - Economic Census: U.S. Census Bureau
- USA.gov: Gateway to information and services.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- State and Local Government on the Net: Access to state and local government websites.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA): Website from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) - Survey of Current Business
- Market Research: Database contains more than 100,000 industry and country-specific market reports.
Created 10/04/2012, A. Hollister
updated 10/3/2015, D. Curtin
updated 9/26/2016, A. Lake
updated 2/2/2017, J. Anderson