- The online catalog provides a listing of all books, ebooks and media owned by the library. You can search the catalog from computers in the library, campus computer labs, or remote locations via the Books/Media tab on the SUNY Broome Library website www.sunybroome.edu/library.
- You can expand your search to "Other Libraries" Get It button to submit an Interlibrary loan request, if an item you would like is not available at SUNY Broome.
- How to Find a Book tutorial.
- Bioethics 6 vol. encyclopedia with articles on bioethical issues.
Caplan, A. L., & Arp, R. (Eds.). (2014). Contemporary debates in bioethics. Chichester, West Sussex, UK: Wiley Blackwell. [MDA 208 Reserves]
Caplan, A. L., McCartney, J. J., & Reid, D. P. (Eds.). (2015). Replacement parts: The ethics of procuring and replacing organs in humans. Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press. [MDA 208 Reserves]
Devettere, R. J. (2016). Practical decision making in health care ethics: Cases, concepts, and virtue of prudence (4th ed.). Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press. [MDA 208 Reserves]
Egendorf, L. (Ed.). (2013). Opposing Viewpoints Series: Organ donation. Detroit, MI: Greenhaven Press. [RD129.5 .O7382 2013]
Fremgen, B. F. (2020). Medical law and ethics (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson. [MDA 208 Reserves]
Heitkamp, K. L. (Ed.). (2019). Universal health care. New York, NY: Greenhaven. [RA395 .A3 U586 2019]
Veatch, R. M., & Ross, L. F. (2015). Transplantation ethics (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press. [MDA 208 Reserves]
Finding Articles in Peer-Reviewed Journals
- Search multiple databases simultaneously using the Articles tab on the Library website www.sunybroome.edu/library
- Limit your search to peer-reviewed articles.
- How to Find an Article tutorial
- CINAHL Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Google Scholar
- APA Style American Psychological Association
- APA Style 6th ed. SUNY Broome guide with template to format your paper
- APA Style 7th ed. Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- Formulating a thesis statement
- What is plagiarism? What is NOT plagiarism?
- Writing Center SUNY Broome
Reference Librarians are available to assist you with your research during the hours the library is open. You can also contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (607-778-5043), or the AskUs 24/7 chat service.
K. Pitcher 11/17/2015; rev. 5/6/2020