The online catalog provides a listing of all books and media owned by the library. You can search the catalog from computers in the library, campus computer labs, or remote locations via the Books/Media tab on the SUNY Broome Library website www.sunybroome.edu/library. Most books about nursing are located in the RT section of the reference and circulating collections.
Reference books are located on the first floor of the library.
- Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy. [Ref RC 55 .M4 2018]
- Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions. [Ref R121 .M89 2017]
- Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary. [Ref R121 .T33 2017]
Reserve books are located at the Circulation Desk.
- Adams. Pharmacology for Nurses. 2017. [ADN 105]
- Caputi. Think Like a Nurse: A Handbook. 2018. [ADN 105]
- Craven. Fundamentals of Nursing. 2017. [ADN 105]
- Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses. 2021. [Stat!Ref ebook]
- Doenges. Nurse's Pocket Guide: Diagnoses, Prioritized Interventions, and Rationales. 2016. [ADN 105 + Stat!Ref ebook]
- Dudek. Nutrition Essentials for Nursing Practice. 2018 . [ADN 105]
- Hinkle. Brunner & Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing. 2018. [ADN 106]
- Jarvis. Physical Examination & Health Assessment. 2016. [ADN 105]
- Jarvis. Pocket Companion for Physical Examination & Health Assessment. 2016. [ADN 105]
- Kee. Laboratory & Diagnostic Tests with Nursing Implications. 2018. [ADN 105]
- LaCharity. Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX Examination. 2019. [ADN 213]
- Nugent. Test-TakingTechniques for Beginning Nursing Students. 2018. [ADN 105 + ebook]
- Olsen. Medical Dosage Calcuations. 2016. [ADN 105]
- Pillitteri. Maternal & Child Health Nursing. 2018. [ADN 106]
- Townsend. Essentials of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing. 2020. [ADN 213]
- Watkins. Pharmacology Clear & Simple. 2018. [ADN 105]
- Willis. Fluids & Electrolytes Made Incredibly Easy! 2020. [ADN 106]
- Zerwekh. Nursing Today. 2018. [ADN 213]
- Ebook Central (ebrary)
- EBSCOhost eBook Collection
- Stat!Ref A collection of ebooks and videos for nursing students.
- Sign up with your sunybroome email.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
- Click to accept the confirmation email.
- Go to the practice exams for NCLEX-RN.
- Customize your practice exams.
- Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX Examination [2019 ed. ADN 213]
Journals Available Online
- JAMA: The Journal of the American Medical Association
- New England Journal of Medicine
- NursingCenter.com Full-text for select articles from Lippincott nursing journals
- Ovid Nursing Community College Basic Journal Collection
- Academic Search Complete
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Health Source: Nursing Academic Edition
- Medline with Full Text
- Science Direct
Finding Full-Text: If the article you need is not full text, click on the Find full-text or request copy link. This will search other databases for full text, identify any print holdings in the SUNY Broome library, or allow you to create an Illiad (Interlibrary loan) request. Articles are usually delivered to your email within 2-3 business days.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- DailyMed High quality information on marketed drugs
- emedicine Information on drugs, diseases and conditions from Medscape Reference
- MEDLINEplus Health information for consumers
- 301 Careers in Nursing Springer, 2017. ProQuest Ebook Central
- Careers in Focus: Nursing Ferguson, 2011. Information on 25 careers in nursing.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook Career information for registered nurses
K. Pitcher rev. 8/11/2020