Frontera, W. R., & DeLisa, J. A. (2010). Physical medicine & rehabilitation: Principles and practice (5th ed.). Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Health. Access ebook
Includes chapters on major conditions, chronic pain, sports medicine, aquatic rehabilitation, palliative care, assistive technology, prosthetics, orthotics, complementary & alternative medicine.
Books about physical therapy are also located in the circulating collection on the second floor of the library. Use the Books/Media tab on the library website to search for books. If the book is not available at SUNY Broome, click on the "Get It" button to request that item via Interlibrary loan,
Here are some call numbers you may find useful:
- QP301-303 Kinesiology
- RM695 - RM733 Physical therapy
- RJ53 .P5 Physical therapy for children
- RC953.8 .P58 Physical therapy for the aged
- RM721 Massage
- RD97 Sports physical therapy
SUNY Broome subscribes to the following journals relating to physical therapy and rehabilitation medicine:
- JPO: Journal of Prosthetics and Orthotics (2014-Apr. 2018)
- Pediatric Physical Therapy (2014-Oct. 2017)
- Physical Therapy (1989-present in Academic OneFile)
The library subscribes to a number of online databases, which can be used to search for magazine and journal articles on your topic. Use the Articles tab on the Quick Search box on the library’s homepage to search multiple databases, or click on “Articles by Subject” (Top right on the Library homepage), then choose CINAHL (choices on left) or the Health and Medicine category (in the right column).
***Note: From off-campus, you will need to enter your SUNY Broome student computer login.
- Academic OneFile
- CINAHL [Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature]
- Medline with Full-Text
- Science Direct
Click on “Find Full-Text or Request Copy” if full-text is not provided for an article. This will search other databases for full text, indicate holdings in BCC Library’s print subscriptions, or create an Interlibrary Loan request form in ILLiad.
- MEDLINEplus https://medlineplus.gov/
Health topics, drug information, medical encyclopedia and dictionary.
- PubMed https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/
Search for journal articles in medical or physical therapy journals.
PEDro: Physiotherapy Evidence Database https://www.pedro.org.au/
Database containing clinical practice guidelines, randomized controlled trials, and systematic reviews relating to physiotherapy.
- American Physical Therapy Association: http://www.apta.org/
- New York Physical Therapy Association: https://www.nypta.org/