The Library at SUNY Broome Community College draws on the Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education established by the Association of College and Research Libraries. The Framework is based on a cluster of interconnected core concepts:
- Authority Is Constructed and Contextual
- Information Creation as a Process
- Information Has Value
- Research as Inquiry
- Scholarship as Conversation
- Searching as Strategic Exploration
The overall goal is to support the college curriculum and to encourage lifelong learning in our students. Our students should have the confidence that they can:
- take charge of their own learning
- use the information environment to adapt to new situations
- expand their skills and knowledge
- be good citizens
Information literacy skills will help students succeed at SUNY Broome, and wherever their journeys take them afterwards.
Information on how to request library instruction can be found on our Library Instruction page.