The SUNY Broome Library has taken several steps to keep the campus safe during the pandemic.
- Library capacity is limited to 40 persons at a time. We are scanning IDs as people enter and exit in order to keep track of occupancy. We appreciate our patrons’ cooperation in this matter.
- Physical course reserves and textbooks are not available for checkout. Students can request to have chapters scanned and emailed to them.
- Circulating materials are not available for browsing. This limits the need for quarantining and decontamination.
- The upstairs floor of the library is closed to most traffic. We will retrieve circulating books upon request for patrons.
- Masks are required at all times. Therefore, no food or drinks are allowed.
While this is not the way we would prefer to run the library, it is the best way we have to maintain operations while protecting the health and safety of the campus. It is an adjustment for all of us, and we appreciate your patience and cooperation.